Founded in 2002, Selected Benefits, Inc. serves the health insurance needs of Texans in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin. We’ve worked hard to simplify the health insurance process, making it fast and easy for you to find the plan that fits your unique needs and budget. While our company was originally started to help Realtors obtain health insurance, we now offer our insurance plans to the general public. In addition to offering individual and family health insurance, health savings accounts and medicare supplement, we provide plans for dental, vision, accidental injury, critical illness, life insurance and both large and small group health insurance.
In recent years, due to the degradation of the individual and family health insurance market with the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, we have shifted the main focus of our health insurance agency to provide services primarily geared toward the small group health insurance market in Texas which mainly encompasses employers with 2-50 eligible employees.
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau of Greater Houston
- Our insurance carriers are some of the largest in the U.S. and include Aetna, BCBS of Texas, Cigna, United Healthcare, Humana One, Assurant Health, Assurity, Golden Rule, Memorial Hermann Health Insurance Company, OSCAR Insurance Company of Texas, Mutual of Omaha, Independence Holding Company (IHC) and Scott & White Health Plan.
Steve Wendlandt, Owner/Agent
- Founded Selected Benefits, Inc. in 2002
- Founder of Wendlandt Investments, LLC.
- Founder of New Century Realty Group
- Founder of Lillian Nicola Asset Management, LLC.
- Mississippi State University / B.A. Economics